Board of Trustees
A nonprofit’s board members guide the organization’s mission and strategic planning, oversee finances and budget, raise awareness about the nonprofit, ensure adequate resources, strengthen programs and services, and assess performance.
Current Board Members
Becoming a Board Member
Middle Earth is always seeking new board members. Please consider joining our team! Becoming a board member is a meaningful way to give back to the community, while at the same time gaining unique opportunities to enhance your leadership experience. You do not need to have any volunteer or board experience. Board training is provided.
What are the benefits of serving as a board member?
- gain networking opportunities and collaborate with other community leaders
- learn new skills and obtain valuable experience outside your normal workplace duties to put on your resume
- achieve the rewarding experience of helping the community and making a difference in the lives of local youth
How does being a board member benefit Middle Earth?
Middle Earth improves and benefits from the contributions and expertise of their board members. Board members often offer professional expertise that Middle Earth cannot otherwise afford and connections to new supporters.
What is the commitment?
- serve a 3‐year term (no more than two consecutive terms is permitted)
- attend board meetings regularly (5 to 7 meetings a year in the evening)
- share our story with your friends and social media
- attend Middle Earth events
- serve on at least one committee or special project
- make a personal monetary donation to Middle Earth
How do I get more information?
For more information about volunteering on our board, please contact Maria Strada at 908‐725‐7223, ext. 412 or e-mail email@example.com.